Canadian Western Agribition (CWA) is committed to respecting your privacy and safeguarding your personal information. CWA is committed to meeting or exceeding the privacy standards established by federal and provincial legislation. Our information handling policies comply with the federal Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (“PIPEDA”).
CWA MEDIA POLICY
Onsite guests and stakeholders grant CWA and their designees the right to use their image and/or likeness in any live or recorded video display or other transmission or reproduction of the Event or photo including,without limitation, his/her rights of publicity for the purpose of broadcasting or allowing others to broadcast the Event or portions of the Event and/or for marketing and promoting future similar events or other events. All rights to use the names, Event name, or the marks or logos of the Releasees, or to broadcast, record, photograph, repeat, reproduce or recreate the Event are reserved by CWA and the guest/exhibitor agrees not to take an action, or cause others to take any action, which would infringe on these rights of CWA or their designees.
CWA ONLINE POLICY
Comments that appear on agribition.com or any CWA social media sites are not necessarily the opinion of CWA. Any comments deemed inappropriate by CWA will be removed. Once a comment is made, you authorize CWA to use the post in any marketing and promotional efforts.
COLLECTION AND TRACKING OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
CWA collects some personal information about you when you fill out a Registration Form. We collect personally identifiable information such as Company/Farm name, contact name, addresses, phone numbers, e-mail addresses, website address and demographic information such as city/town, province/state and postal/zip code. This information is collected during registration in response to specific requests. This information is necessary to provide you with the optimum level of service and will be utilized as outlined in this Policy.
WHAT CWA DOES WITH COLLECTED INFORMATION
- CWA will use personal information so that we may display custom, personalized content to the Agribition attendees and send newsletters, emails, features, promotional material, surveys and other updates to registrants. CWA uses collected information to evaluate and administer services, respond to any problems that may arise and to gauge registrant trends to determine what part of CWA’s services are most popular with registrants.
- We may extend offers to registrants on behalf of our partners about a particular product or service (not directly related to promotion/production of CWA) that may be of interest to you, but we will never give out your name or personal information at any time. As a result, although CWA may receive a fee from our partners for this service, CWA sends all the offers so that your personal information is never shared with any outside third party. A registrant may, at any time, opt out of receiving such information by contacting CWA directly.
- In special cases, third party involvement may exist by way of Official Show Suppliers and/or in the development of Public Show related promotional material. In this case, personal contact information will be provided to outside parties for publicity purposes only after they agree to maintain the confidentiality, security and integrity of such information to be utilized only in conjunction with the publication.
- CWA may, at times, produce reports for partners containing aggregate information about our registrants such as demographic, age and registration information. This allows CWA to work more closely with partners to provide content and offers that are most relevant to registrants. CWA will, only to provide for publication of reports, include personal CWA may provide to international registrants contact and other personal information of registrants in order to facilitate interaction between international registrants, national, provincial and extra-provincial registrants.
- CWA reserves the right to use or disclose any information without notice or consent as needed to satisfy any law, regulation or legal request; to conduct investigations of consumer complaints or possible breaches of law; to protect the integrity of our association and our property; to protect the safety of our visitors or others; to fulfill your requests; or to cooperate in any legal investigation.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
A registrant may, at any time, change, correct, modify or delete any personal information he/she may have provided to us.